Tuesday, April 25, 2006

injured!


funny how you can injure yourself while sleeping.

that's exactly what happened to me this morning. woke up at around 5am to go weewee when i felt this irritating pain on my right leg. the kind you get when you strain your legs walking all day.

anyway, i thought it was nothing but when i woke up it was still there! only the pain crept down to my foot, more specificallyto my achilles tendon. could barely walk.

anyway i didn't have a car today so i had to commute. i was debating with myself whether or not to go to the ER this morning or later in the afternoon.but it was so friggin' hot inside the fx so i decided to have my foot checked in the morning.

well, the doctor said i had tendonitis, this injury common to athletes.
well... athlete naman ako ah. i engage in marathons. marathon shopping walks hahaha!
he said that normally they do an MRI on the patient but since mine looked like a minor case, an x-ray would do.

i love the ER of the new Medical City. i've been to a lot of trips to the ER of the old Medical city (which is now a parking lot) and it was soooo tiny and cramped. Anyway, i don't know if i like being on a wheel chair. it makes you feel so helpless. my 90 something year old lolawould rather stay upstairs than move to the 1st floor of her house because she doesn't want to be stuck in a wheel chair.she doesn't want people to see her and say, ay ang tanda or something like that.o di ba ang taray ng lola ko!

on the way back while being wheeled to the waiting area, i saw one of my friends from highschool pa, Maite. What a shock for her to see me of all places in the freakin' ER!

anyway, so the x-ray was normal. i was prescribed mefanamic acid,had my right foot bandaged, told me to put an ice pack every now and then and told me to veer away from high heels. and avoid carrying a lot of weight.ha! and i'm leaving on sunday for the US so goodluck to me!

i hate being immobilized at this time when i have a run of errands to do.i have to go to kamuning, to shangrila and to megamall all by saturdayto get my clothes and pasalubongs for my titos,titas and cousins.

who knows if i can bring in/smuggle some Excellente Ham to the US? my tita in Sanfo's been craving for it. now i'm craving for it.

and who knows if the grayhound is ok? as in the bus...?

can't wait to get away again and mobilize my right foot again!

4 Comments:

Blogger lovine said...

tangina ang haba ng paa mo

12:47 AM

 
Blogger j o y l e t said...

hey! San Fo for work and then taking 2 weeks off for vacation will be off to Philly, New York and Detroit! i will definetly have F-U-N! See you when I get back! =)

7:08 PM

 
Blogger Mix said...

shiet... punta ka san francisco??? CTST ba? galing! too bad wala ako sa bay area this may... i wanna see ACS people!!! hahaha.

easy ka lang on the jackets. the weather's great so pack some tank tops and flip flops! :-)

ps...
my mom says the bus is okay! have fun!

4:22 AM

 
Blogger j o y l e t said...

mikamiks! hindi kita makontak di ko alam kung san kita hahanapin! san ka ba?aalis na ko ng san fo tomorrow morning. punta ko philly! goodluck sa kin sa greyhound. hassle mga tao dito sa san fo medyo freaks. haha! sayang! di tayo nagkita! sayang talaga! mahilig ka ba sumakay ng roller coaster? nag six flags kami ni boss kahapon!

9:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home