Wednesday, June 01, 2005

back from my hiatus!

Hello hello ahoy aloha!

So bored as hell, I decide to complete this over-due post. I was supposed to upload this blog last Monday, however, was too tamad to put up the pictures.
Anyway, thanks to joesy, I have some pics to show of the blast that I had with John when my baby bunts visited me…almost 3 weeks ago. =(



joy2

Okay let's start from the bottom left part to the pic smack right at the middle.
1) by the rocks at Power Plant beach, Lamma Island
2) Tramming around from Central to Causeway Bay
3) Aboard the Duk Ling Junk
4) Star Ferry
5) Inside the Duk Ling Junk again
6) E11 Bus : destination Tin Hau
7) Queen's Pier, waiting for the Junk


IMG_1609

Airport Express

Friends have come and gone, who’s up next? No to fine dining first, 140 bucks for dinner just doesn’t sound like the smart thing to do, even if you’re having roasted goose.
Heck, these birds all taste the same to me (duck, goose, etc. what’s the diff?!) I would rather buy myself something… I’m thinking about raiding mannings again or watson’s. Fun to shop at those places, I tell you. Interesting finds… right Hon? Honey just “innocently” picked up a box of *durex*, because she thought the freebie pen was so cute...much to her dismay!Haha!

So my wallet’s on a diet but that won’t stop me from the ultimate shop-til-you-drop (I can’t hardly wait!) experience – Shen Zhen shopping this weekend!

Trying to think of the other pics I can post together with this blog…


This I wrote last Monday (obviously I’m too tamad to edit):

Wow, it’s been quite a while since I last posted.

So many things have happened since then; a bunch of people came over to this good for 4 days 3 nights island to have fun fun fun.
As I’ve mentioned earlier in one of my blogs, Hong Kong has a shelf life of 2 years. Well, make that 2 weeks for me! Although an epiphany dawned on me, there’s still so much more to see like the big giant Buddha at Lantau Island (duh!).

Anyway, nothing much really has happened although the past 3 weeks have truly been great.
John came over to visit! I really missed this mokong of mine hahaha! Of course we went around the city, as useless, went to Mongkok, Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui and Central to shop. Wow, someone’s turning into a Zara fan. IF only they could bring Zara to Manila then we girls’d have
Shopping competition! I guess the highlights of that trip would be the ride on the Duk Ling Junk, and eating the most sumptuous decent meal I’ve had in ages…
Lamb chops at Lamma Island!

IMG_1575
Shet. miss ko na 'to! 89 bucks lang!!!

We even got to squeeze in a quick trip to the beach, sans the bathing. And, trapped on a rainy Friday night at Causeway Bay,
we managed to squeeze in some time for Star Wars Episode 3 – The Return of the Sith. Sadly, I fell asleep for around 3 mins… and woke up to the part when
Anakin found out that Palpatine was the Sith. Anyway, it was a bit of a rip off since the movie costs 60 HKD each, and I’d have to say the cinema at Galle seems to be even better compared to that damn cinema at Times Square.

This week, Ther ther came to Hong Kong for a Nokia summit. I really turned green with envy when I found out where she’s staying, her per diem, and the 9 course meals she’s been having! Thank God Ther came and saved me even just for 2 days. Friday was the ultimate highlight of the week—we were looking for this restaurant which Ther’s dad said was along Charter Road… yun pala nasa Jaffe ! Well, charge it to experience, we had fun getting lost amidst the rain and me losing my umbrella! I think it was worth it… sinigang na baboy, adobong pusit, fried pusit, lumpiang shanghai, crispy pata, lechon kawali and daing na bangus.. what else could you ask for?!

The guy who treated us out for dinner was the brod of our dads.. who also happens to be labour attaché Bernardino B. Julve. So wag silang magkakamaling api-apihin ako dito yari silang lahat hahaha! After that wonderful dinner, we headed over to Lan Kwai Fong to this coffee place/bar named illy. Met a couple of interesting people. Met some people from Nokia Singapore, this Managing Director of HansBerger Global Investors, and this guy, who they say belongs to the family who owns Gold Coast land strip in Australia. Talk about high-rollers! After 2 bottle of Heinekens, we decided to head home as it was late, but the other dudes still wanted to party.

Last Saturday, I headed over to Sogo for their Thankful week sale. Thankful talaga ah! I got a cute cute bikini (which I don’t know when I’m gonna get to wear since I don’t think I’m hitting the beach here anytime soon and when I get back to Manila it’s gonna be bagyo season already!) and some shirts for me and my sister from Polo Jeans.
Arrrrgh! Shopping on a budget really sucks!

Yesterday another friend came, Ejay! Sayang nga lang Nadine couldn’t come along. The first time I was here we all went to The Peak. Only met them for 1 afternoon then as they were leaving that day na rin. It’s always nice to catch up with long lost friends. Makes you think, makes you focus (? Yeah focus my ass I’m blogging right now!) on your goals and career choices to be successful someday. Philosophize about life and other stuff. Okay I think I’m soon turning into quarter-life crisis mode.

Still contemplating on how to get that focus back. How do you function when you’re half-asleep? I’d like to know why…

ANYWAY, MORE PICS!





IMG_1631

Where all the HAVIANAS have gone -- Lane Crawford!









IMG_1626
With the BORRA girls -- Ther and Papot outside the Star House, with the clock tower as our backdrop.






IMG_1625

With Ther's dad






IMG_1454

Projecting while trying to balance myself aboard the Junk!

2 Comments:

Blogger Loopy said...

grabeh joy, miss na kita!! ulit tayo a? :) - ther

8:09 PM

 
Blogger Jake Verzosa said...

hey thanks for dropping by! i could save u a metro copy if u want haha :) you look familiar.

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home