Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Hong Kong. Live It. Love It.

There's a different kind of elation I feel whenever I see the Hong Kong Live It, Love It commercial with Jackie Chan.
First time I saw it was on this big-ass wide screen tv (uhm, make that monitor...it looked like a giant tv to me) while walking back to our Hong Kong HQ located at The Center. A few days later I caught it on Star World, and I just couldn't help but feel lucky. Most tourists that go to Hong Kong go there to shop, Causewaybay, Tsim Sha Tsui, Mongkok, etc. etc. I got a chance to actually feel like a local (the expat status is light years away) in the past 2 times I've been there.
Going home by bus, switching train lines, walking like there was no tomorrow. I guess the only thing I missed out on was the sumptuous street food...authentic squid and fish balls and other stuff that looked intriguing yet not enough for me to abandon the thought --- I want to know what I'm eating.

It's shop til you drop...literally (better be armed with a trusty pair of sneaks or the most comfy shoes). To work there would be an honor, but they say it has a shelf-life of 2 years. Short of a 2-hour plane ride away from Manila, it's even closer than Puerto Galera. Nights can get lonely and days monotonous. But still, I'd love to return, with my stash of cash, boyfriend (or friends) in tow.
Here, pictures of my last visit taken with my camera (I finally graduated from Jurrassic camera era into the techie-gadget age, thanks to BPI's 12 months 0% interest promo)

Tai Wai Foot Bridge..how I know when to get off the Bus.. Posted by Hello


The Bank of China Tower, some unknown building(to me) and the HSBC Building Posted by Hello



HSBC Tower.. remember Spy Games? Posted by Hello

The company flat (my abode) at Tai Wai. Posted by Hello


My "Tea Bag" situation. Posted by Hello


Leaving home. Posted by Hello

with lunch buddies... (L-R) Andrew, Wing, Edward, Steven and Vincent..why do they look so familiar? Posted by Hello

Posted by Hello

Hong Kong fashion, exemplified by Dorothy. Posted by Hello

AUTHENTIC prawn dumpling noodle soup. (for only 70 pesos)YUM! Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger lovine said...

oh shiyet ang sarap ng dumpling souuuup... *oinnk*

6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home